Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Winery Christmas Lights 11.

Well, it's not exactly a winery.  And it's not exactly the greatest of photographs.  But it's good enough to showcase this festive Rudolph, with his red-bulbed nose, who reappears every Christmas above the Silverado Trail to humour me on my drive home from TWWIAGE.  Situated atop a hillside vineyard in the Stags Leap District, this is the 8th year in a row that I have enjoyed this particular electronic display of cervine-cheerfulness.  I have no idea who is responsible for this random act of Christmas merriment, but I am really glad that their sense of whimsy repeatedly delivers a Yuletide treat for this particular Napa Valley commuter.

5 comments:

Thud said...

I always liked that one, the valley does look extra special this time of year...I'll have an extra drive around next year.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: I'm sure Rudolph will be in the same place, same time, next year :)

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Let there be light!

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Well, at least one red light bulb :)

About Last Weekend said...

Good enough for me and very cheery and artistic amid the dark deep woods!