Sunday, December 23, 2012

Still here...

...and still drinking bubbly.  Let's get this party started!
I'm ready for Christmas.  I just have a few more things to wrap and my mince pies to bake.  But basically I don't have to do anything else except enjoy myself, starting right now with a glass of something pink and bubbly (it's the only civilised thing to do whilst tossing a green salad). And whereas some folks scorn the use of flute, or tulip, shaped glasses for any sparkling wine, I happen to love this particular flûte à Champagne with it's flared rim.  No doubt there are naysayers who would like to point out to me that I am missing out on  lots of wonderful aromas, but the glass is so delicate and fine it really does feel like I am drinking the stars! Besides, it's not like it's going to be in the glass for very long now, is it? Nope.

4 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

V-girl, wine folks often seem like the legalistically religious:(, but I'm not one of them; if you haven't drunk from the wine bottle itself, you're probably constipated ;-)
Enjoy and rejoice,
Dennis

Thud said...

toss salad right out the door, poor another drink....perfect.

Thud said...

maybe I poured too many sherries already

Vinogirl said...

NHW: I'm rejoicing in enjoyment right now, hope you are too :)

Thud: I like your style!