Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Move over Auction Napa Valley.

To think I moved all the way to the Napa Valley to be in the wine industry. I could have just stayed at home and been a part of Tesco's Wine Festival every year. The 2009 Tesco bacchanalia of half price bingeing is under way. There is no celebrity host at this event, no Jay Leno, no Ryan Seacrest, so Auction Napa Valley does not have to worry about the competition.
The wines may be half price but I don't think I will be buying any of them: the selection is disappointing. I'll just try a couple of older things from Thud's cellar. Of course I have an aversion to most of the over priced cult wines in Napa too. I am so hard to please! I think I will just drink something I like, not something someone tells I should like because the price tag deems it so.

7 comments:

monkey said...

oh dear this is all we have on days when the cupbaord is bare, and i have to say there has been some nice ones although it does lack californian reds.

Vinogirl said...

Well, they have California reds but the choice is not very representative of the good stuff out there.

monkey said...

i seem to remember blind tasting one last summer, it was pretty clear that what we were drinking was not californian red come to think of it, im pretty sure it wasnt wine. errrrrrr yuuukk

Vinogirl said...

Monkey, some things are best left unspoken.

Vinomaker said...

And to think I am missing out on another wine festival with a decidedly non California flavor! I must say that it does sound more like the antihesis of our big auction here in the Valley but more in the range of the real people who work here. That said, I am glad that Mr Data-Point does not have easy access to your outlet, We would all continue to suffer long after the event!

Thud said...

Vinomaker...plenty of silver bullets here.

Vinogirl said...

Mr. Data-Point, with his silver bullets...how did he slip in here?