Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Another semester is at an end.

I had my photography final tonight.  I was a little nervous that my prints were not going to be good enough, but it turned out that I had nothing to worry about.  Once my images were tacked up onto the classroom wall they made a fairly strong and cohesive storyline - the River Mersey - and were well received.  My fellow students are all pretty good photographers and I was glad that my work was up to their standards.
I don't know yet if I am going to take the next darkroom photography class in the fall semester.  It's hard getting to class two nights a week after work and quite frankly I am running out of ideas.  But instead of worrying about it tonight I decided to just celebrate being out of school with a glass of bubbly...and pretty soon  I wasn't worrying about anything.  For the time being, I'll just enjoy the summer.
Also, thanks to Thud and Monkey for suggesting I take a photograph of this half sunken boat.

7 comments:

Thud said...

I sank it just for you!

Vinogirl said...

What more could a sister ask?

Affer said...

As a person with no discernible talent, I really envy your photographic skills - and I think the boat is just terrific.

Your next task? Why, it's a 'coffee table' book.....

Thomas said...

Vinogirl,

You are good. No question about it.

Oh, and I seem to remember your agonizing over taking the last semester, so I expect you will wake up from your R & R and take the next semester, too--as you likely should.

Vinogirl said...

Affer: Thanks Affer. Not sure if any of my prints are worth framing even. How about a 'wine table' book?

Thomas: Yes, I was dithering like this last December also. Least I'm consistent. Thanks for the compliment.

About Last Weekend said...

Ha! Now I know why your photographs are so awesome. That boat shot is incredible, so atmospheric and timeless, sad and beautiful.

Vinogirl said...

ALW: Thanks. A good subject matter helps.