Thursday, May 10, 2012

All stuffed up.

I might have been on holiday, but the grapevines haven't.  There is a lot to do right now out in the vineyard;  suckering the trunks, thinning out the heads and stuffing the shoots into the trellis wires. When I have gently coaxed all the shoots under the first trellis wire the vines will be all stuffed up, just like me, as I returned from Blighty with a nasty virus that has been totally enfeebling.
The weather was pretty nice in Vinoland whilst I was away, glorious by English standards.  The vines all look healthy, verdant and vigorous - and virus free, unlike me.

4 comments:

About Last Weekend said...

Just having a good old catch up about your travels and Liverpool. Must be bittersweet to be home but at least the rain has stopped

Thomas said...

Vinogirl,

Welcome to your second home.

Re, the all-stuffed-up situation: we usually blame the "virus" on the place to and from which we traveled, but more often than not it is the high altitude and pumped in air of the flight that does the damage to sinus cavities and inner ear passageway.

Vinogirl said...

ALW: It is so nice to be dry again. A fortnight of on and off rain wasn't too bad, but the accompanying cold weather was a tad unpleasant.

Thomas: Unlike my missed connection in Frankfurt, I cannot blame what ails me on Lufthansa. The virus I picked up from my darling little niece, which she probably picked up at pre-school, had an incubation period of 48 hrs and hit me slap-bang in the middle of my holiday...the whole family then went down, one after another, like dominoes!!!

Thomas said...

Ah, the human immune system is a marvel of inefficiency...