Thursday, March 31, 2011

"The year's at the spring..."

With all their canes securely tied to the fruiting wires, Vinoland's vines are on their own reconnaissance for a while. Today I redirected my attention to - weeds! In just one winter it seems that Mother Nature has reclaimed Vinoland as her own; gravel driveways, flower beds, everything is overgrown with weeds. Even the creek has all but disappeared beneath a tangle of brambles (although at least they produce great berries in the summer). Of course, my weeding activity just happened to coincide with warm weather, 82 degrees F today. This time last week I was complaining about the cold and rain, what a turn around.
Needless to say, at the end of the day I was ready for a cold beer. Blue Moon's Spring Blonde Wheat Ale hit the spot.
Spring is most definitely sprung! All's right with the world.

11 comments:

Cesar Valverde said...

Many is the time I have ordered a refreshing looking bottle of Blue Moon, only to remember too late that it's a horrid wheat beer.

Cesar Valverde said...

p.s. Do they do April Fools over there?

Thomas said...

Wish I could say the same--about spring--here.

Vinogirl said...

Cesar: I quite like it, not too wheaty and a little citrusy.
And yes, April Fools pranks do happen over here and I have been fooled this morning already.
http://www.jascots.co.uk/wordpress/2011/04/01/thinking-outside-the-bottle/

Thomas: I'm sure Mamanature is just teasing California...more rain forecast for tomorrow :(

Thud said...

Lager lager lager...wheat beer my arse!

Cesar Valverde said...

Good news & that one was rather better than Mr Styles' I thought. http://wine-life.co.uk/news-review/chinese-government-bans-wine

'Tho Rupert Sipitnot-Swigett reminded me a little of a good independant shop we have here in London by the name of Philglas & Swiggott.

Affer said...

I misread this: I thought you were having a cold beer after you WEDDING activity.........

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Pumpkin lager, by any chance?

Cesar: I like the name of that shop :)

Affer: Sometimes I go to work. Sometimes I go to school. Once a year I prune grapevines. I'm also known to keep house, I cook often and in my spare time I practice bigamy!

A Good Moroccan said...

I like the look of the Blue Moon ale !

Vinogirl said...

Villager, it is good on a hot day - but then isn't all beer?

phlegmfatale said...

omg weeding.

I have vowed to make Sunday mornings my date with my garden, and I did some very intense weeding today. I dread how terrible my fingers will feel tomorrow as I pound out miles of pixels on the keyboard for work. But-- labor of love, innit? Must be done.