Friday, March 25, 2011

Hurrah!

I have finished pruning all of Vinoland's vines; Orange muscat, Pinot gris, Cabernet sauvignon, and Syrah, all done...whoo hoo! And not a moment too soon.
As can be seen in the above photograph, the Syrah vines are on their own schedule and were already experiencing budbreak even though I hadn't finished pruning. The higher than average amount of rainy days we have had in Northern California had me in a panic because I was a bit behind, but now I am done for the year...hallelujah!

5 comments:

A Good Moroccan said...

Hope your weather becomes more like England - sunny !

Vinogirl said...

It will eventually become sunny here in N. Cal...probably when I am in England next month :)

Craig Justice said...

Congrats! Did you get your spraying done too??? (We just finished picking up our cut canes ... we've got a few "outlier" vines with shoots above the first set of catch wires... freezing cold (for us) down here, and a bit more rain. Looking like a good growing season in Southern California with all that rain. Cheers.

monkey said...

you can start packing your case for the trip now then......with bottle that is.

Vinogirl said...

Craig: Welcome back :)
Too early to spray yet, the leaves on the OM are only thumb nail sized right now...your advanced growing season would frighten the living daylights out of me!

Monkey: Already thinking about selections my dear man!