Saturday, January 19, 2019

A quick fix.

Still suffering from a bit of a shopping-hangover from Christmas, this afternoon, when I had resolved to start pruning the Vinoland vineyard, I was faced with a bit of a dilemma; having worn out the left thumb of my old pruning gloves I really needed a new pair, today.  Not wanting to drive over to a certain hardware store on the other side of Napa to procure a pair, I decided to do a quick patch job with duct tape (AKA gaffer tape in Blighty) on my old gloves.  It did the trick.  In fact, I doubled up the tape and have decided to try to make my old faithfuls last one more pruning season.  Gloved-fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Thud said...

Kevo could make a pair of jeans last 10 years with gaffer.

New Hampshire Wineman said...

We have an old saying: when in doubt, duck it!

Vinogirl said...

Thud: I remember that...very rock'n'roll :)

NHW: I see that there is a brand called 'Ducktape' duct tape :)