Thursday, October 24, 2013

Delicious autumn.

The weather has changed, quite suddenly.  Autumn has well and truly arrived.  There has been heavy ground fog every morning since Monday - today the fog lingered until about noon.  Temperatures have gone from low 80s last week to mid 60s this week, brrr!  But the cooler weather does have it's enticements.  I may not like the shorter daylight hours, but I do like the pumpkin-squash-cinnamon-spicy flavours of the season.  Like, as a case in point, this pumpkin seed brittle, made with pale ale, that Thud sent to me.  Yum!

6 comments:

Thomas said...

VG, you made my day. I am not alone on the weather front!

The temperature change did the same thing here, and I was becoming depressed--I really hate winter.

Vinogirl said...

Tomasso: I don't hate it (I like the holidays, but once the New Year's Eve celebrations are done, so am I), it's just that I really would prefer it not being dark when I get up in the morning and going dark way before I have even had my evening repast.

Thud said...

Did my first dark till dark working day this week...bollocks!

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Yuck, gruelling.

Thomas said...

That dark until dark is worse in northern Europe than it is in the U.S.

After a flight from Iran to Amsterdam I slept from about 4 pm until 4 am and because it was just as dark in the morning as it had been in the afternoon when I fell asleep I wasn't sure if I had slept for 12 or 24 hours, or if the clock had stopped at 4.

Vinogirl said...

Tomasso: Lots of darkness and jet lag, double yuck!