Wednesday, April 21, 2010

While I was studying...

...the Cabernet sauvignon vines finally decided to get going for 2010, better late than never I suppose. I hadn't been down into the vineyard since the weekend, but when I got home from school today, and after I had walked the Vinodogs, I decided to take a peek. Small, pink fuzzy buds and leaves greeted me everywhere. Unfortunately, record low temperatures are forecast for tonight, the first frost in quite a while, so I'm hoping that all the vines come through the night relatively unscathed.

4 comments:

The villager: said...

Still a bit frosty here as well !

Thomas said...

Interesting: the Finger Lakes region is scheduled for its first widespread frost in the month of April--tonight.

Vinogirl said...

Villager: Seeing any of that volcanic ash?

Thomas: It didn't happen thankfully, only got down to 39...now they are forecasting record low temps tonight.

Thud said...

sunny days and frosty nights here.