Wednesday, April 28, 2010

And the wind blows cold.

I am so fed up with this spring weather we are having because it's almost as cool and damp as our winter weather was. Most days I still have to wear a down jacket when I walk the Vinodogs, very unCalifornia-like. I am really ready for some sunshine.
Vinomaker and I travelled up the valley today to get a new battery for one of the John Deeres. Despite bursts of driving rain, alternating with blinding sunshine, it was a very pleasant trip and the Napa Valley never looked prettier.
Closer to home, the ominous clouds actually made for a rather nice photograph of this vineyard that was once the site of an old homestead: now only the chimney remains. Located in the Coombsville area, nestling up against the Vaca Hills, this vineyard is set on a small knoll overlooking the entrance to the valley. I bet this old stack of stones could tell a tale or two.

7 comments:

Thud said...

Can we fix it?....yes we can!

Vinogirl said...

Nah...I don't think even you and the lads could fix this one!

monkey said...

note of a job for princess otw and her team of workies.
we are having lovely weather of late, i do hope it warms up for our visit, the tickets are booked and i begun to select some lovely wines for you and vinomaker.

Vinogirl said...

Monkey I am sure the weather will be fine by then.

Affer said...

What a great photo! I do find these old relics of housing fascinating....especially as I live in one!

Vinogirl said...

Affer I agree, I'm glad they planted the vineyard around it. Does your house have a date? It's probably older than the chimney this is California afterall.

Thud said...

A mere warm up for the Huyton boys.