Sunday, January 10, 2010

English mummies.

Oh no! Mummies have been spotted skulking around in the English countryside by Thud. The undead are seemingly everywhere.
I visited this vineyard myself when I was home last May. Enquiring in the local farm shop as to who owned the vineyard, and which grape variety was planted there, was an almost surreal experience. Actually, it was like being in a scene from a Hammer horror film. You know, the scene in which all the villagers give each other furtive looks when an unwitting visitor in their midst starts asking awkward questions. Denying all knowledge of the nearby vineyard, the girl in the farm shop cafe promptly served me my lunch and disappeared into the kitchen. I ate my quiche, drank my latte and quickly left...whilst it was still daylight.

6 comments:

Do Bianchi said...

watch out Vinogirl! we don't want to lose you to the living dead!

Affer said...

You might have uncovered some vast EC fraud: growing acres of unusable vines simply to gain huge grants!

Ron Combo said...

No Affer, that's our scam here together with sunflowers, olives, wheat, hazelnuts, sheep.....you Brits are just SO amateur when it comes to EU funding!

monkey said...

there were many a weird looking tracks in them there hills, the sort not seen in these parts.

Thud said...

We don't take to strangers in these here parts.

Vinogirl said...

OK, you are all really frightening me now, but for very different reasons!!!