Monday, January 11, 2010

Chill out!

Chilled down to 27F, this 3000+ gallon stainless steel tank full of delicious Sauvignon blanc is undergoing cold stabilisation. I love passing through the tank room at the winery whilst this process is underway. This particular winery operation never ceases to amaze me as I always find it interesting to see the gunk (technical term), collect in the bottom of the 375ml sample bottle as the fining agents work their magic, leaving the beautifully clear wine above. Strange, but I suddenly feel thirsty.

9 comments:

Weston said...

Sauvignon Blanc in California! Madness, tho I must say I did enjoy the woodbridge current? vintage....not NZ style no Green Peppers yaya!

Vinogirl said...

Yes, it's delicious. A hot weather Sauvignon blanc, no green flavours whatsoever! Love it...especially with my staff discount :)

Thud said...

More red!

mark oneill said...

I'm really looking forward to trying a Californian Sauvignon Blanc, along with all the other great wines out there when I'm over in 9 weeks time!
Go on the pool! FA Cup match tonight....now which wine is the best to watch football (soccer) with?!

Vinogirl said...

Thud: There is a lot of red wine about, don't worry.

Mark: Hello to a fellow LFC supporter...hope you enjoy your visit to California.

Vinomaker said...

Vinogirl - I thought you would suggest Mr.Oneill have a Red Stripe, beer or wine, depending upon whether he would be celebrating or commiserating. He can certainly find other examples of both when he gets here.

Vinogirl said...

Nah! I think a Guinness would be more appropriate.

mark oneill said...

Sorry Vinogirl but dont like the old Guinness watching football, watching gaa then yes but not football (I'm Irish!)
As for last night, well, the Multipulciano went down well, shame about the footie result though!

Vinogirl said...

Mark: I know, they're having a horrible season...and now Torres is out!