Thursday, November 12, 2009

One last hurrah!

With the first frost for Napa forecast for tomorrow, I decided to take one last pass through my vegetable patch. The tomato plants are still flowering so consequently they have fruit at every stage of development, partucularly the Roma tomatoes, so it looks like another pasta dish is on the menu for this week. The basil is still faring well, so a homemade tomato sauce is sounding better by the minute.
I managed to scavenge a small courgette that was obscured amongst a few zeppelins I had neglected to harvest in the past month or so. It was swiftly incorporated into a modified fried rice dish I have been making since I was a teenager. Paired with one of my favourite Napa Sauvignon blancs it was a fitting conclusion to the summer vegetable season.

8 comments:

Weston said...

I still have Roses Blooming! Crazy, and heck it was 0C yesterday night riding home sheesh, but roses are there growing all Pink and Beautiful

Thud said...

Waaay too much veggie on view in that stir fry.

The villager: said...

I didn't realise you had frost on the horizon.....I foolishly thought it was still 100 degrees over there.

Vinogirl said...

Weston: Yes, I still have roses blooming also.

Thud: I know, you'd break out in hives just being near that many vegetables.

Villager: Northern California gets rather chilly...you are listening to too many Beach Boy's songs!

Thud said...

villager...ignore vinogirl as she has grown soft...it's always warm here,

Wartime Housewife said...

That looks so good - The Wartime Housewife is proud of you. I think I'll make it for dinner.

Wartime Housewife said...

Yay!! I've actually managed to comment on your blog - it's never let me before.

Vinogirl said...

WH, thank you and welcome!