Friday, May 10, 2013

Fish on Friday...

...and it's not even Lent.
Yes, I bought this bottle of wine because I liked the shape of the bottle.  I'm so shallow!  But hang on a minute, the $10 I forked over for this bottle of Pescevino was well worth it.  Well, it was worth it after the initial sulphurous-blitzkrieg blew off - then it was a perfectly quaffable glass of white table wine and wasn't in the least bit pesky.  A blend of 60% Verdicchio del Castelli di Jesi Classico, 30% Trebbiano delle Marche and 10% Chardonnay, this uncomplicated fish-juice paired quite well with my shrimp-fettuccine dinner.
I may be shallow, but I'm not a snob.

3 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Vinogirl, bella post!

Thud said...

I'd buy that.

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Grazie!

Thud: You might have been with me when I bought it in Cost Plus. It's fun to experiment with wine.