Thursday, May 23, 2013

A rosé coloured glass.

Looks can be deceiving.  What seems to be a pleasantly sunny, late spring day on Liverpool Bay was in fact one of the coldest, windiest days I have ever experienced at home. Stepping around the corner of a building to take this photograph I had to really lean into the wind for fear of being blown over.  Even a glass of a so-so rosé of Tempranillo at a nearby establishment could not fully chase the English weather-blues away.  Well, that's not strictly true.  The sight of a familiar coastline stretching out before me was a tonic for my seaside-deprived eyes...at least it was when the wind wasn't whipping my hair into my eyeballs.  Ouch!

2 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Vinogirl, NH has been very cold this spring, I haven't checked the record books, but I'm guessing it's one of the coldest in my 63 year history. Lucky for me I like it cold, it's the rain I don't too much like.
Hang in there, I'm sure thing will improve:-)

Vinogirl said...

NHW: The wind has sudsided today and the sun is shining. It's still chilly, but it's home.