Friday, March 22, 2019

My birthday buddy.

It's my birthday and the fact that it is raining hasn't dampened my enthusiasm any.  Seeing as I already had my wellies on, after my and V2's morning walk, I had a quick glance at the Syrah vines to see if anything was going on.  Yes indeedy, bud break is happening - finishing pruning the Syrah this past Sunday wasn't a moment too soon.
Of course, the rain means that I won't be getting much done out in the vineyard today.  I am, however, determined to tie down the Cabernet vines I pruned yesterday.  So I'll don my rain jacket and hopefully not get too soggy wrestling with the wet canes, but other than that it is just too wet to get any actual pruning done.  I always try to be finished pruning by my birthday, but  Mother Nature hasn't cooperated with my plans this year.  Sigh.
Oh...and Happy Birthday John Toshack.
Vinogirl loves birthdays.

5 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Happy belated birthday!

New Hampshire Wineman said...

You can tell I'm old and retired, as one day seems like any other.
Anyway, I'm not late after all.
May you eat, drink. and be merry in heart.

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Nope, you're right on time. Thank you!

Thud said...

toshack...you are in good company.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Better than Andrew Lloyd Webber :)