Friday, March 01, 2019

Happy St. David's Day: 2019.

It is March 1st (or Mawrth 1af, if you're Welsh).  Happy St. David's Day!
There are quite a few patches of daffodils flowering around Vinoland.  Unfortunately, with all the wind and rain that the Napa Valley has been experiencing lately, they are looking a bit worse for wear.  They still appear cheery, however, and I smile as they catch my eye whilst pruning.  Again, Happy St. David's Day whether you are of Welsh extraction, or not.
Bore da!

2 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

And 'good morning' (really evening) to you!
Happy David's Day as well. I love leeks, especially in spinach pie, but leeks in lamb soup sounds swell!

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Noswaith dda.
I, too, love leeks. Vinomum used to sauté them for me when I was a kid...love them.