Saturday, August 05, 2017

Toe of frog.

The American Bullfrog (Rana catesbeiana) is an invasive species in California.  Native to the southern and eastern United States, Mr. B. Frog, although he may not belong here, appears to be quite happy in his adopted irrigation-runoff-drainage-pipe habitat.  In fact, he seems to have quite a secure foothold in his aqueous abode which overlooks the Far Niente Chardonnay vineyard.  My BF has been in residence since the winter and shows no intention of moving on to greener pastures: they'd be far too dry.  Perhaps someone should tell him that he is persona non grata in The Golden State.  Not me, I quite enjoy his presence.  I just hope my neighbour's irrigation system keeps this little guy in the liquid-lifestyle he has grown accustomed to.

3 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: Try to ignore me, but how bulgingly big is the blustery Bull?

Thud said...

nice little green chap.

Vinogirl said...

NHW: About 2 1/2 inches, which is about twice the size it was when I first spotted it.

Thud: He is. Except for the fact that I just discovered that he is a she.