Saturday, August 19, 2017

Main Street Reunion 2017.

A pleasant afternoon was spent at one of my very favourite annual events, the Main Street Reunion car show (MSR).  I just love it.
This year, at the behest of the new, but not yet open, hoity-toity Archer Hotel the MSR event was moved to Third and Main Streets in downtown Napa.  The Archer did not want the temporary closure of First Street to impact their guests (again, the hotel is not yet open and won't be until November).  The event did not seem quite as intimate as those of years past.  Third Street is rather wide, so the crowd seemed more dispersed and, in some way, less festive.  No matter, it is the pageantry of classic American automotive history that I wanted to see, not the crowd. Of course, I always bump into someone I know.  There were some beautiful cars and trucks being exhibited and I would have happily driven away in any of about a dozen of them.
And today was my and Vinomaker's anniversary to boot (or should I say, to trunk?), so I was determined that I was going to have a good time on whichever pinhead-designated street.
Vroom, vroom!

4 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: Always love seeing which antique car you'll share with us, and what a cool blue you have here.
"hoity-toity" is an expression I understood, but never used (have to rectify that). Somehow I'll save my non-PC comments concerning the less than applaudable symbolism of those cars for FB!

Vinogirl said...

NHW: With 400+ cars on display it can be difficult to choose just one, they are all great. And none of them are hybrids :)
(BTW, this colour is called Indian Turquoise.)

Thud said...

I'm not happy.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Sorry. But if it's any consolation, it's more fun when family OTW are there.