Friday, August 04, 2017

Bringing up the rear.

I was kept busy all day today pulling leaves in the Pinot grigio vines in preparation for the installation of bird-netting.  About mid-afternoon, feeling a bit peckish, I took a break and wandered over to the bramble patch to have a quick snack of sun-warmed blackberries.  Lo and behold, I discovered that the Cabernet Sauvignon vines had started to go through veraison.  In fact, some of the clusters are far more purple and advanced than the one I photographed.  Go grapies!
And please ignore the cleistothecia in the photo, I am.  (Until next spring, that is.)

2 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: Cool grape pictures, but I was wondering how much cleistothecia before alarms go off?

Vinogirl said...

NHW: The bells are already ringing! In a perfect world Vinoland's grapies would be blemish free :)