Monday, June 29, 2015

El Greco.

I don't always remember to try a wine varietal that has piqued my interest in some way in the past, but whilst out buying groceries with Thud in Sainsbury's today I saw an interesting bottle of wine.  Having seen baby Greco di Tufo grapevines growing last month, I just had to try this wine.
This 2012 Greco di Tufo, Campania (DOCG) was really quite nice; fragrant - herbs and pineapple, nicely balanced - good mouth feel and acid, paired nicely with dinner - salmon and salad.  Coming from a supermarket, it may not be the best Greco di Tufo ever made (however, I have nothing to compare it with), but I would buy it again.  Maybe on my next holiday.

3 comments:

Thud said...

Meeeeh!

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: Wine Searcher says you are RIGHT-ON! Never doubted you!

Vinogirl said...

Thud: I liked it, a pleasant tipple.

NHW: The herby pineapple was very distinct to me (my schnoz always works better when I'm away from Vinodog 1, unfortunately).