Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pretty in purple.

The Syrah crop is looking fantastic this year.  And it's beginning to taste fantastic too.  I think Vinoland is going to be in for a bumper crop.  I wouldn't be surprised if the average Syrah cluster weighed in at about 10 ounces.  But first things first, the whites need dealing with before I can even think of messing around with weighing a Syrah cluster.  Tomorrow, I will test the sugar in the Pinot grigio vines to see how they are maturing.  Although August has been a relatively cool month, I have a feeling that my little grey grapes are ready to meet some yeast.

4 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Vinogirl, 10 0z? Looks like 10 ibs. A ten beautiful lbs:-)

Thud said...

Yes, 10 oz doesn't do the pic justice.

Thomas said...

Beautiful looking clusters.

Vinogirl said...

NHW & Thud: I'll consider sacrificing one cluster to find out exactly what the weight is.

Tomasso: Wish I could take credit, but Syrah very nearly farms itself!