Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Snowman.

One family tradition is watching 'The Snowman' every Christmas. A teenage Vinogirl watched the very first airing in 1982...and I haven't missed a year since. Some things have changed; I've located to a different continent for one and the American version of the very popular short animation doesn't include David Bowie as the adult James, but the whole experience is just as magical for me. I was a little behind this year and have just watched it now with Vinomaker, accompanied by a bottle of Roussanne (Domaine La Bastide), and a bowl of pistachios.
Next up, a selection of cheeses and a bottle of 'The Widow'.
Happy New Year!

11 comments:

Fiona Beckett said...

Think it's probably going to be Mamma Mia and a glass of Bucks Fizz for me today (sneakily so my husband and son don't notice what a rubbishy film I'm watching) Happy New Year!

Vinogirl said...

Welcome Fiona. Nothing wrong with a bit of Abba.
Love your cheese blog.

Thud said...

Cheers to all the vino peeps and dogs!

monkey said...

Happy New Year Family Vino, love the name of that wine, The Widow. Must be a great glass.

Thud said...

monkey...we have a magnum put aside for the arrival of LBF.

Vinogirl said...

Thank God I will be home for LBF and the magnum :)

Thud said...

Princess OTW awaits the first viewing of The Snowman with Aunt vinogirl

Vinogirl said...

I'm up for the job.

Lord Roby said...

I seem to remember watching it around the same time in 'The House Above The World' in a semi alcoholic stupor after some hearty mash and gravy;before departing for Hardman Street and Macmillans to continue the festivities.Warm memories.

Vinogirl said...

Ah...those were the days Lord Roby :)

Thud said...

I remember that day well Lord Roby.....we certainly where filled with the festive spirit.