Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

As I write this, Father Christmas has already visited all my relatives in England. I know this as I am tracking his progress on NORAD. It looks like he is already in Napa, if this antique shop window on Second Street is anything to go by. I rushed home, after seeing this, to put out the traditional mince pies and milk that I always offer St. Nick, until Vinomaker reminded me that only the pies had been eaten on previous occasions. He suggested we should perhaps put out an empty glass and a bottle of our 2004 Cabernet franc on the hearth, with some mulling spices, and let the jolly elf entertain himself. If indeed there is any wine left over, we can finish it off for him on Christmas Day.
Seeing as California is almost at the end of his run, he can stop and have happy hour with the Vinodogs before he hits Hawaii and jets off back to the North Pole. Cheers Santa!

2 comments:

Thud said...

Thats jolly nice of you.

Vinogirl said...

Jolly being the operative word :)