Thursday, May 14, 2020

I'm rusty.

Yes, I am blog-rusty, but not as rusty as this chunk of tuff situated underneath a drip irrigation emitter.  Stained a curious shade of orange, from the iron present in Vinoland's well water, this fractured hunk of ash-fall tuff distracted me from the job at hand.  (For more on tuff, see here.)  I've been keeping busy stuffing shoots, thinning heads and suckering trunks.  And watching this California Harvester Ant (Pogonomyrmex californicus) bopping around under a Syrah vine, fascinating.  I'm easily distracted.  Situation, normal.

3 comments:

Thud said...

Mmmmm cinder toffee!

New Hampshire Wineman said...

So good to see some good photography, not mention the ins and outs of Vinoland.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Ha! It does look a little like cinder toffee :)

NHW: Thank you!