Monday, April 13, 2020

A cluster of budbreaks: 2020.

The last one to the budbreak-party is, as per usual, the Cabernet sauvignon (CS).  A little tardy (like my blog-recording of budbreak dates for the other Vinoland grape varieties this year), but when the CS finally shows up its little fuzzy buds are always blushing and winsome.  My excuse is that I was busy with pruning, only finishing on March 21st.
Here is the approximate (yup, like I said I was preoccupied) dates of Vinoland's other 2020 budbreaks;
Orange muscat:  February 26th.
Pinot grigio:  March 4th.
Syrah:  March 25th.
There you have it.  2020 on the record.

2 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

I suppose this one is dessert, since it came last, but it is so very pretty. The colors are heart-meltingly adorable. :)

Vinogirl said...

Phlegmmy: I particularly like CS buds, that little bit of pink.