Sunday, February 28, 2016

Vineyard chic.

I am still pruning.  I didn't get as much pruning done this weekend as I had hoped: too much other stuff to do.  I am about 70% through pruning the Syrah vines, but I am thinking that I am still on track to finish pruning all the black grapes (that includes the Cabernet Sauvignon), and tying them down, before budbreak begins. Fingers crossed.
I may be a little behind on my self-imposed pruning schedule this year, but with a new pair of Felco secateurs, a customised holster and a pink Vinogirly girl belt - I am doing it in style.
Prune on!

2 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Nice picture; could be an advertising photo, but where are the band aides?

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Ha! I do tape up the fingers on my right hand with surgical tape. I learned the hard way, by getting horrendous blisters, that I need a little extra protection when pruning so many vines.