Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pegged for success.

I spent the afternoon in the vineyard securing the bird netting, that was applied last Sunday, closely around the fruit on the Pinot grigio vines with common-or-garden clothes pegs.  That should keep my pesky, feathered friends away from the ripening grapes, which incidently are tasting rather sweet already.
Did I ever think years ago, when I was a little girl helping my mother hang clothes out on the clothes line, that I would ever find such a use for the humble peg?  Nope.


Thud said...

Wooden pegs, perfect for so many jobs.

Vinogirl said...

Hopefully the scrub jays won't work out how to get them off.

NHwineman said...

V-Girl, I'm a bit late to this post, not the one with the cloths-pin, but anyway, I once read that Jays are as smart as cats. They are related to crows and ravens, and I can tell you this, ravens are as clever as a non-human can get; some are smarter than some people I know.
I'm so glad that I've been sharing the progression of this year's vintage; you have one of the most interesting and easy blogs to follow.
I trust you'll protect your product and make great wine!

Vinogirl said...

NHW: The jays just better stay away! The fruit is looking fabulous right now.
And, thanks for the kind words. I hope you continue to enjoy my blog.