Saturday, August 18, 2012

Main Street Reunion 2012.

Wild horses be damned: not even a disaster of biblical proportions could keep me from attending one of my favourite annual downtown Napa events.  This is the fifth year in a row that I have enjoyed roaming around the heart of Napa for the Main Street Reunion car show.  A little smaller this year, with only about 380 cars being shown, I simply never tire of looking at the big, shiny-chrome, heavy-metal, mobile hulks of Americana past. And although I love the brilliant hued paint jobs, including the baby blues and powder pinks on the countless Buicks and Chevrolets present, it was this monochromatic, matte finish on a particular 1934 Ford Coupe that really caught my eye.
Afterwards, my family shared food and fun until the setting sun brilliantly illuminated the eastern hills of Napa, with Vinomaker and Thud quaffing quite a bit of Calvados, ensuring a good time was had by all.
Vroom, vroom!

2 comments:

Thud said...

Another cracking day grommit.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: It was good, wasn't it?