Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cause for the Paws.

Another event today. This time it was the Napa Humane's Cause for the Paws event, held at Silverado Country Club.
I volunteered to work at the event but I still had plenty of time to walk about, visit with friends, eat some great food, and drink some fantastic wines. It was a little toasty temperature wise, it just meant a lot of Sauvignon blanc was consumed above everything else, apparently no one was interested in any red wine.
I really didn't care in what capacity I was present, the reason I participated was primarily for the poochies (secondarily, the cats and rabbits). Several dogs were paraded around with an eye to adoption during the proceedings, which included a silent auction and a live auction in which lots of fabulous wines were available for bidding on.
It was an exciting but tiring event and I was only too glad to get home and spend a quiet evening on the deck with Vinodogs 1 & 2.

2 comments:

Thud said...

What!...no money?

Vinogirl said...

There was a money prize.