Friday, March 03, 2017

Ready, steady, bud!

And there you have it - Orange Muscat budbreak, 2017.  Ever so slightly behind last year (not surprising seeing as Vinoland had just experienced 8 days of frosty mornings), the Orange Muscat vines are waking up from their long winter nap.  As expected, it is the apical buds that are the most enthused.  Go little buddies, but stay warm.
Meanwhile, I am frantically pruning the Syrah vines.  With rain forecast for the next two days, it means I will be pruning the vines with my waterproofs on.  Prune hearty!

2 comments:

Thud said...

Neither hail nor rain or snow or whatever the hell it is.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: I think you're thinking of the U.S. postal service - there are plenty of weird weather conditions that, I guarantee you, will stop me in my tracks.