Thursday, August 20, 2015

Back to school.

Just recently, I came to the alarming realisation that my brain was turning into mush.  And, to try to rectify that, I thought I really should take a class at Napa Valley College to whip my atrophying grey matter into shape. So, tout de suite, I enrolled myself in a wine marketing course.  The first session was held this evening.
Not having the slightest idea about anything to do with marketing, I had no notion of quite what to expect from an entire semester dedicated to this particular subject matter.  (But I knew I wanted to learn.)  The first class was a very interesting, fast-paced, statistic-filled introduction - by instructor Paul Wagner - to all things marketing, not just wine marketing. Fun. My brain was so stimulated when I got home that I needed to have a cup of tea, watch a bit of telly and write this post to decompress.  I'm looking forward to next week.

5 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Sounds like the fetal position to me, but "those not being born are those that are dying!" Something like that!

Thomas said...

VG: Make sure you don't get sucked into the dark side...

Vinogirl said...

NHW: No, it's going to be a good class, 'better the devil you know' and all that.

Tomasso: What is all this nonsense? Bob Dylan and Star Wars references (tee, hee!). Too much pop culture - I just want to exercise my brain.

Thud said...

Where to start? you and your brain,talk about a target rich environment.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: When I have exercised my brain I will be able to come up with a snappy retort to your barb.