Saturday, September 26, 2020

My spectacular Syrah.

This morning, starting at the crack of dawn, was harvest-day for Vinoland's Syrah (SY).  And, wow, the fruit looked fabulous and (now that the grapes have been processed) it tastes terrific.  Vital statistics are; 23.6 °Brix, pH 3.63 and TA 4.40 - all in a good range.  To celebrate I opened a bottle of our 2015 SY with dinner - delightful. 
I love farming SY, it is such an easy grapevine to get along with.  Sadly, that's all my SY interaction done with for 2020.  I am going to wait a while before I begin to even think about starting to prune in early 2021.  Besides, I still have to get the Cabernet sauvignon picked.  
Now it's time for Vinomaker to work his magic. 

4 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

How wonderful, sumptuous, lush, and propitious.
My mouth is watering.

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Good words :)
My face was filthy after snacking :)

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Ha! And if nieces and Donnie were helping and messing, what great photos, what great fun
would be had!

Thud said...

Gonna be there one year.