Saturday, April 27, 2019

Everybody was Kung fu wine-fighting.

Thud and I bought this Kung Fu Girl, 2017 Riesling (Colombia Valley AVA), simply because we both liked the label.  But also because he was planning on cooking Chinese food for dinner.  (The Kung Fu Girl [KFG] was the first Riesling we spotted whilst out shopping.)  On Thud's part it reminded him of the killer-kiddie-Kung fu moves of his youngest daughter: on my part I thought that it would pair well with Thud's, own recipe, 'Chinese Chilli Chicken'.
The KFG did not disappoint.  What was initially a rather pedestrian wine, the KFG turned into a delightful citrusy, white-peachy, unexpectedly medium-bodied, food friendly wine.  When consumed with food this wine went through a really remarkable transformation.  Not only did it pair well with our dish, it didn't fight with the food - always important.
Admittedly, buying a State of Washington wine (in Costco) whilst on holiday away from the US is a little odd.  However, sometimes, when deciding on what wine to buy, I just throw my hands in the air like I just don't care.  Or like a drunken Kung fu-fighter.

5 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

It's clear you guys are having a great time, and making fond memories.
KFG Riesling, (I've had four vintages), is seemingly a reliable choice for Asian cuisine.

Thud said...

It did the job.

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Having a great time.
It actually surprised me how well the KFG paired with the food.

Thud: What are we eating/drinking next?

Tanza Erlambang said...

Chinese chili chicken is delicious...love it

Vinogirl said...

TE: Wish you could try my brother's, fab!