Thursday, August 16, 2018

Tomato-tormentor.

Grapevines aren't the only things growing in Vinoland's vineyard.  Besides vines and weeds, a volunteer tomato (toe-mar-tow) vine has decided to grow right next to a Syrah vine.  The location, chosen no doubt so that the tomato can avail itself of the vineyard's irrigation system, poses a bit of a problem for me.  Being so anthropomorphic, I am sure the tomato will suffer if I leave it in the vineyard.  However, if I transplant it into the vegetable patch, being so late in the season, it'll probably never bear any ripe tomatoes.  Or I could just yank it out and put it in the compost bin.  Slow day.

5 comments:

Thud said...

Give the little fella a break.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Fella? I'll transplant it then.

Thud said...

Fellow, you pedant!

Vinogirl said...

Thud: I know what you meant...I just wanted to know how sure you were of its gender.

New Hampshire Wineman said...

My good chap and lass, how I miss my sister's expressions of affections.