Thursday, July 26, 2018

Sunny-flower Days.

Yesterday was another beautiful, sunny day in the Napa Valley: Oakville to be exact.  For the past few weeks I, and every other commuter and tourist traveling north and south on the Silverado Trail, have had the pleasure of espying an entire vineyard (a vineyard awaiting a replant, I assume) brimming with sunflowers.  Located on the northwest corner of the Oakville Crossroad, Rudd Winery have cultivated a veritable sea of Helianthus (much more impressive in person) for everyone to enjoy.  Or perhaps the folks at Rudd planted these flowers, of sunny-disposition, to pay homage to proprietor Leslie Rudd who passed on to greener pastures this past May.  A nice tribute, I hope Mr. Rudd is enjoying them too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy. . .

Vinogirl said...

NHW: A co-worker of mine has a phobia of sunflowers - I don't understand it, but I bet she isn't happy seeing these blooms.

Thud said...

Somebody here would be happy seeing them.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Yes, I suspect the field would be bare and the house would be full :)