Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Fox.

I'm still tasting my way through a gargle of Grenaches.  Tonight's offering was a tasty little white wine - a Renard, 2012 Grenache blanc (Lodi AVA).  I loved this wine (it's all gone).  I had a 2013 Vermentino from the same producer last week and loved that too.  I also love the blurb on the back label:
"In making our Grenache Blanc, we've selected only fruit with the greatest concentration of flavours.  The nose suggests crisp dill apple, minerally mandarin, and blah, blah, blah...Isn't wine indescribably fun?  Just enjoy it!"
It's like I wrote it myself, except for the Oxford comma.

3 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: Say isn't so! Your writing isn't superfluous!
Fun? Yes!
As for the debatable use of the Oxford coma. . . well, maybe, and I suppose, or is it. . .
Isn't the English language fun? I'm trying to enjoy it without all puffing priggish, pointlessness PTO a coma can provide ;-)
Sounds like a pukka wine and I'm on my way!

Thomas said...

On this side of the pond it's called the serial comma, and MS Word claims it is a necessity.

I do wonder, however, if that winery from Lodi used "flavours" instead of "flavors". We notice such things around here.

Vinogirl said...

NHW: The Oxford Coma...I've known a person or two in one of those!

Tomasso: Indeed, I did anglicize their spelling. Old habits, etc.