Friday, August 01, 2014

Meanwhile, whilst I was away...

...In the Cabernet sauvignon vines veraison is progressing.  I may have been absent from the vineyard for a while, but Mother Nature has been busy in my stead.  Veraison is always a little random in the Cabernet block and this year is no exception, the warmer and protected areas are a little more advanced than others, and I'd estimate that veraison is only about 20% complete.
Elsewhere in the valley harvest has already begun.  Mumm Napa brought in their first Pinot noir grapes on Wednesday 30th July - that's about a week earlier than last year apparently.  More bubbly, earlier...what's not to love about that?  Go little grapies!

4 comments:

Thud said...

Looking good.

New Hampshire Wineman said...

I'll second Thud :)

phlegmfatale said...

Yay! Bubble early, bubble often, I say!

Speaking of sparkling wines, have you tried Gruet from New Mexico? I quite like their Blanc de Noirs, and I'm interested what you think of it? The price point is accessible for a struggling student like myself.

Oh, and I'll third Thud.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Yes, so far so good.

NHW: Great minds think alike?

Phlemmy: Yes, I have had it twice. It's not bad, I would have never imagined bubbly coming from NM tasting that decent.