Saturday, September 12, 2009

Some rain must fall.

Someone should remind Mother Nature that it is September in California! Summer rain? Whoever heard of such a thing?
I shouldn't complain, it hasn't rained since the beginning of May, but the Vinodogs are bored and I had vineyard activities planned for today. Ho hum.
It's not all bad; it smells great outside, the thunder and lightning accompanied breakfast was fun, and the grapevines have had a quick shower and photosynthesis may be aided and abetted by the nice clean leaves.
Now where did I leave my wellies four months ago?

6 comments:

Thud said...

Rain hey...whats all that about?

Weston said...

Sounds like Vancouver! I love Summer Rain the way it makes the road smell.... love it

phlegmfatale said...

We've been having a positively British bout of wet, cool drear here in Texas, and I'm loving it. THAT is why I've always preferred to visit ENgland in the winter time. Loving this fresh fall cool wetness. Sighs of relief, here, after 115 degree days.

Life is sweet!

The villager: said...

Rain ?!!!! Wow !!! You certainly need it over there.....

Fred Fibonacci said...

It has been raining on That London all day, and it's been torrential, biblical even.

Nice to read your posts, dear Vinogirl; sorry I've been away. Back soon,

Love, Fred

Vinogirl said...

Fred, are you still alive? Or did that giant do you in?