Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Commercial harvest.

Harvest 2019 began at TWWIAGE today.  Thirty-odd tons of one of our growers' best Sauvignon blanc (SB) grapes showed up, first thing this morning, to kick off the 2019 vintage.  After a quick blessing of the grapes, it was into the presses for processing; a two hour procedure that gently squeezes out the sweet, juicy-deliciousness that is destined to be a glass of something chilled and refreshing in my hand, oh, in about April 2020.  Love SB harvest.

2 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

I can't think of grape-pressing without envisioning Lucy and Ethel stomping the grapes in their rustic gear on I Love Lucy. Clearly, I need to get out of the house more often.

Vinogirl said...

Phlegmmy: I can't tell you how many times that episode has been referenced when talking to folks about grapes. It's a classic.