Sunday, November 18, 2018

Why did the chicken cross the crush pad?

To get to the Cabernet sauvignon, duh!
Harvest 2018 is officially over in Vinoland.  This afternoon, I assisted Vinomaker with the pressing-off of our Cabernet sauvignon (CS), but before we could proceed we had to shoo a neighbour's chicken away from the press, pump, etc.  Miss Henny Penny may have simply been being  inquisitive about the whole process, but she was still in the way.
The CS looks, smells and tastes great.  I had missed the CS harvest because I was in England, so it was important to me to participate in this final step.  The fruit came in on October 27th, its vital statistics were; 26 °Brix, a pH of 3.5 and TA at 7.2.
Harvest 2018 is done and dusted, whoo hoo!  No chickens were harmed in the making of this wine.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A day in the life on Henny Penny lane.

Thud said...

It's the ghost of crazy mary!

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Wow, if she wandered over to Vinoland all the way from Penny Lane she is very lost :)
(Little factoid, there is a Penny Lane in Napa.)

Thud: Yes, I thought of Mary (the chicken) when I first spied this one.