Saturday, April 07, 2018

The blushing bud.

I may have missed budbreak in the Syrah vines this year, but my buddies in the Cabernet Sauvignon block waited for me to get back to Vinoland before doing their thing.  Thanks pals, much appreciated.
I just love spring.  The vernal equinox, which occurred this year as I was winging my way over the Atlantic, conventionally heralds the beginning of spring.  As a child, it also meant that my birthday was the next day (GMT-ish).  What is there not to like about spring and the rebirth, rejuvenation and regrowth of...every weed in Vinoland?  Yup, did quite a bit of weeding this afternoon (and planted my first tomato plant), but I barely made a dent in the lushness that is Vinoland right now.  Oh well, keeps me busy and out of trouble.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

VG: One of your best background bud pictures!
Keeping you out of trouble takes the higher power of spring!
I love "The Rite Of Spring".

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Thank you.
For me it's Vivaldi's 'La Primavera' every time :)

phlegmfatale said...

I love all your photos, and I hope I can stop by more often after the semester is over.

I've been stepping up my own weeding around here, and it is the ultimate Sisyphean task, isn't it?

Vinogirl said...

Phlemmy: Right now I think rolling the odd boulder around would be the lesser of two evils, when compared with the amount of weeds I am dealing with in Vinoland!
Concentrate on school.

phlegmfatale said...

I can relate. My little collection of plants is a garden write small, and even I battle weeds more than i would have imagined possible. It is dazzling to think of doing it on a grand scale.

Vinogirl said...

Phlemmy: Only one acre of 5 1/2 here is planted to vines...you should see the weeds in the other 4 1/2. There are a couple of weeds/wild flowers that I love. And some I hate!