Sunday, April 01, 2018

Happy Easter, 2018.

Happy Easter!
Lots of chocolate, cake making, pie baking, happy kids, extended family, my first cup of coffee since February the 13th and a good Barolo with dinner; is there a better way to celebrate the culmination of Holy Week?  I think not.
This 2011 Peironte Barolo was showing a little age, but still had plenty of perfumey-plummy polish which paired beautifully with dinner.  Followed by Thud's blackcurrant pie and a slice of carrot cake (made by me), my tummy had a very satisfying Easter Sunday.  However, I still see lots of chocolate in my immediate future.  Yum!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

VG: yum is the word; carrot cake is my favourite. 2011 Barolo should be young! No!
He is risen!

Vinogirl said...

NHW: If I'd known I would have saved you a slice of cake :)
I think 6 1/2 years was enough for this particular Barolo.

Thud said...

Twas good!