Thursday, January 05, 2017

Fox news.

It's a slow, January news day in Vinoland.  Even this grey fox (Urocyon cinereoargenteus), that Vinodog 2 had stuck up a tree for a couple of hours until it went dark, looks bored.  Mr. Fox certainly wasn't bothered by the rather annoying, little black and white dog creating a scene some 13 feet below him.  Although I was a bit disturbed by the commotion as I tried to do complete some outdoor chores.  It's a good thing our neighbours aren't very close.
And as regards to Mr. Fox, he made a very strong statement showing up like he did in the middle of the afternoon.  It is almost like he knows I have just found a chicken coop that I like and may purchase.  Hmm.
Like I said, slow news day.

6 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: Love the alluding image!
Aren't you and V-II now the Vinovixens, or is that the three amigas?

Vinogirl said...

NHW: I don't think the fox, and I'm rather certain that it was a male, would like to hang out with me and V2!

Thomas said...

Love the title.

Also, I love fox; love their beautiful lines and graceful leap. I have witnessed what we call fox smarts--its' a combination of palyful serpentining and quick leaping to egg the predator on. They are, er, crazy like a fox--and it does not surprise me that fox might have overheard you talk about your potentially new chicken coup.

Vinogirl said...

Tomasso: Happy New Year!

I know fox can be a pest etc., but I like this little fella, especially since I have discovered he has a sore left forepaw. Mr. Fox can live in Vinoland as long as he can stand V2's barking.

Thud said...

Kill em all and let the chickens sort them out...or something like that round here.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: Nah, I like this little fella.