Friday, October 21, 2016

The grass is greener.

Deere, John:
The 1.75 inches of rain that fell on me last weekend (I always take it personally), when paired with five days of ample sunshine with temperatures in the mid to high 70°s, have produced a distinct green haze of sprouting grasses and weed-seedlings all over Vinoland. Like magic, opportunistic r-selection plants have taken full advantage of the combination of rain and sun and have begun the process of turning California's rolling, golden hills and the vineyard floors of the Napa Valley into velvety-verdant vistas.  Then, a little time later, and after subsequent rain events, everywhere will have to be mowed.  Cycles.
Love, Vinogirl.

3 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: 'They' say to avoid alliterations, but I love them: "the vineyard floors of the Napa Valley, into velvety-verdant vistas." Nice! Grapy green, Golden-State grassy, for great growth grooming!
Not puny, just me glibly speaking.

Thomas said...

If there's anything I love more than wine it is the wonderful way we have with words when we walliterate.

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Well, I'm an illiterate, so...
I love to alliterate.

Tomasso: I love to walliterate too, especially when I have bitten my tongue.