Sunday, October 23, 2016

Get back...

...to where I once belonged, Part 9.
Yes, I'm on my way to Blighty once again.
Vinomaker and I toasted my upcoming holiday, at dinner last night, with a bottle of Bodkin, CuvĂ©e Agincourt, Blanc de Sauvignon Blanc. Bodkin is a sparkling Sauvignon blanc; it's not the greatest of wines, it's not bad just vinous and not very complex.  It may have been a little better if it hadn't seemed slightly old and a little oxidised (perhaps it was just a bad bottle). However, I thought it a fitting wine for this particular trip, for when I wake up on my first morning at home, the 25th of October, it will be St.Crispin's Day.  And the 601st anniversary of the Battle of Agincourt.
Get back JoJo!

5 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: Enjoy!
St. Crispin's Day

Thomas said...

VG: Enjoy your trip.

You know, tracking your trips home makes time go by fast. It seems like only yesterday ...

Thud said...

I should have put the lambrini on ice.

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Something for you to read on those rainy British mornings:
An Englishman's Wine; it would have to be Bordeaux-styled.

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Thank you for both links. Have a friend who once worked at Peter Michael, otherwise I would never have been able to try them (cost prohibitive), they were okay.

Tomasso: Thanks. This one is quite close to the last.

Thud: Too posh.