Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Cruise control.

Things are coming along swimmingly in the vineyard; flowering is continuing nicely and fruit set in the Pinot grigio vines looks good, little intervention is needed right now. It's just as well really, as I had a really busy weekend and couldn't devote too much time to the vineyard.
On Friday, my TWWIAGE co-workers and I went to an Oakland A's game. It was a long night, but lots of fun was had by all. Saturday evening found Vinomaker and I at BottleRock 2014, with about 30,000 other music enthusiasts, enjoying the second iteration of this local music event. We enjoyed ourselves, but it meant another late night for me.
Around noon on Sunday I finally got out in the vineyard, but I wasn't there for very long. What I can only assume was a very mild bout of norovirus literally knocked me off my feet for 48 hours. I never get sick, so this was a bit of a shock to me. I thought norovirus was something people usually contracted on cruise ships, sheesh! I'll think twice about partying with 30,000 peeps the next time the opportunity arises, I'd have been safer in the vineyard.

5 comments:

Thud said...

No such thing as a mild case....the little uns here just love to spread it around, ah the joys of parenthood.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: I'm thinking my "mild case" could have been much worse.

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Vinogirl: Good to have you back and healthy!
Strange how good times often have to have an edge to them!
As for the photo: Well done!

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Thanks! Feel much better.
And the photo? Took it with my iPhone (is that cheating?)

New Hampshire Wineman said...

No!