Friday, February 01, 2013

Happy St. Trifon's Day: 2013.

Today, I did a bit of spring cleaning, well, sort of.  It's almost time to start pruning Vinoland, but first I had to perform some maintenance on my pruning shears. A sharpening stone, some wire wool, oil and plenty of elbow grease quickly brought my trusty secateurs back to their former glory.  With some tender loving care, my Swiss-made Felcos should last me for the rest of my life.
I love pruning and I think I do an fairly decent job, but my skills are relatively limited.  I am no where near the skill level of someone who prunes for a living.  So it goes without saying that I won't be entering the 12th Annual Napa Valley Pruning Contest, which is being held next week.  But, may St. Trifon cast his beneficence over the secateur-wielding contestants who do enter.

4 comments:

Thud said...

I know you make these saints up.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: I do not. Shame on you for not being familiar with the Bulgarian saints!!!

Thomas said...

I thought Trifon was from one of the many "stans" out that way...

Vinogirl said...

Tomasso: Zarezan is almost stan-ish.