Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gaudete, 2011.

Once again, it's Gaudete Sunday. And, once again I'm indulging in something pink (but this year, Italian) to pair with dinner. I'm also rejoicing at the fact that I got my tree up and decorated. Phew!
The 2009 Tenuta Guado Al Tasso Bolgheri Scalabrone Rosato is a delightful wine. It's a rather fleshy rosé, extremely fruity (dried cranberry and plum), deeply pink, well balanced, with a surprisingly long finish. I love Italian wines. If I wasn't Liverpool-Catholic I think I'd like to be Italian-Catholic...better wine. I'm just sayin'!

Sing it again Maddy!

3 comments:

About Last Weekend said...

Am sending this onto my husband as he loves the pinks and roses, pretty and tasty.

Thud said...

our grandparents lived in Liverpools little Italy so association should do the trick.

Vinogirl said...

ALW: Real men don't just eat quiche, they drink pink wines also :)

Thud: Italian by association...it works for me.